May 22nd 2007, nearly one year ago, I took this picture and called it “Give peas a chance”.
Today Lebanon is experiencing a utter level of hate, a kind of war we all thought would never occur again !
Not only I hate politics but I don’t even understand it, so this is not a political post however what we’re living today is really off the hook ! Lebanese people are dying on hands of other Lebanese people and this is disgusting.
If you don’t like this post I’m sorry just skip it out, however this is not the picture of Lebanon I’d like to be transmitted on medias and this is definitely not the picture of Lebanon I’d like my children to know !
I have also added a “Give peace a chance” ribbon to my blog as you can see it in the corner and I will remove it once violence has stopped in the streets of Lebanon. If you are Lebanese and you’re fed-up of what is happening you can add the ribbon to your website/blog by just pasting the following line of code into your blog/website code.
Hoping I’ll never have to post something like that again
I have been thinking about writing this for quite a while but I simply never saw it fitting adidap. However now things have changed a bit since Brian is hosting a writing project about social networks and photography blogs so this post will be my submission !
So I will share with you here MY experience with social websites, the ones I use, the one I love and the ones you could really help me make a change with!
Read more »
It is January 1st 2008 (Happy new year everyone) all the house is sleeping still tired from the festive eve, and I am taking advantage of the free time to take a look back at 2007 !
So this post is going to include some stats and the best posts of the year, and hopefully next year I will have something to compare to !
Some number first
- Posts : 371 since August 2006
- Comments: 662 since August 2006 not counting the spams of course
- Unique visits: 339,091 in 2007
- Page views: 692,617 in 2007
- RSS subscribers: 600+
- Alexa rank: 187k
- Technorati: rank 59,623 authority 109
- How to pose your model: The 1-2-3 positions
- 28 Exercises to help you unleash your photography potential
- What flickr does to our pictures
- Photoshop Tutorial: A drop of color
- Fix Adobe Photoshop CS3 startup problem
- Striping out that JPG out of RAW
- Photoshop tutorial: Layer mask for beginners
- Photoshop Tutorial: From image to sketch in 4 easy steps
- Photographer’s Christmas Shopping list
- 300+ Free photoshop Christmas Brushes
- Better hand held shots at low shutter speeds
- Photoshop Calendar 2008 templates
- What is a crop body anyway?
- Model Release: When do you need it and where to get it
- Tips on Photographing Christmas ornaments
- Photoshop Tutorial: Turning day into night
- Photoshop case study: from picture to Christmas card
- DIY : Poor’s man ring flash
- Going with the grain: Guest post
- Minimalism: because complexity sucks !
As you have noticed there are 7 full months missing from that list ! I am very ashamed of this but I reached a point of de-motivation back then and this post will help me remember that this should never happen again .
Of course I would like to take the time to thank
- YOU: There is no way adidap would exist if there was no one to read what I am writing ! It was YOU who pushed me out of my de-motivation phase when I realized that I’ve ignored adidap for 6 months+ and still I had people visiting it… So the first and topmost credit is for you ladies and gents thanks
- Family and friends: Well they are all I have right
- Brian: Well Brian’s name could fit in both readers and friends however I want to reserver a special thank for him ! I met Brian in early November when he wrote his list of 87 Great Photography Blogs and Feeds. I was quite annoyed I was not on that list and I got in touch with Brian. His motivation to me was such as ADIDAP jumped from 200 to 600+ rss subscribers in less than 2 months ! That’s 300% increase. IF you don’t know Brian make sure to read his Photography blog !
What’s for 2008
I really hope ADIDAP will still grow in 2008 the one thing I can promise is that I will not ignore it or let it down as I did in 2007. I will keep on adding helpful stuff day after day and meet more photography passionate people like you and me !
Finally I wish you all the best for the coming year and to a year full of photography, beauty and joy !
Just a quick note before my wife starts calling me
We wish you all a warm and safe Christmas and may it be filled with joy and happiness !!
Yes it is 2009 I’m not mistaken !!!
Here is what I am thinking of, I am posting every Sunday an Adidap Flickr Round so why not preparing an ADIDAP calendar for 2009 with the best pictures posted on Adidap Flickr Group ?
How it will happen
Read more »